Today is my first day of 31. So far, it’s not anything spectacular: had a great dinner at Patina with Patrick, but there’s also been some unfortunate changes at work that happened this week and I’m slowly coming to the realization of what it means.
Now, let’s go back to a year ago when I was setting goals for myself and trying to make a big deal out of 30 (which actually wasn’t that big a deal because most of the time I can’t actually remember how old I am). I made a list of things I wanted to do last year. Like an over ambitious new year resolution, it started out with a bang and lots of enthusiasm, but then life caught up with me and I didn’t care so much anymore.
Here’s what I did end up doing:
1. Swim with a Beluga (or some kind of up close and personal experience)
2. Steampunk Party
3. Get a scooter
4.Host a masquerade party
5. Learn how to sail
7. Do laughing yoga
8. Learn how to drive manual
9. Indoor skydiving
10. Visit http://www.skyzonesports.com/ (caution: this site has auto play sound)
11. Have a Thanksgiving feast (not on Thanksgiving)
12. Kayak in Hawaii
13. Dim Sum Party!
14. Travel overseas (Hong Kong? Europe? Bali?)
We traveled over an ocean. That counts, right?
The view from Diamond Head in Honolulu, HI
15. Make and eat a pizza (being really ambitious here)
16. Get a goldfish!
17. Host a private screening of a movie in a theater (http://www.dickclarkproductionstheater.com/)
18. Screen an old movie (with a projector preferrably) and wear clothes from that era
19. Ride a train to a destination outside of L.A.
This is Ann and I, en route to Memphis from New Orleans
20. Visit a museum
21. Go on The Price is Right (kind of dreading this, actually)
22. Make a movie – I shot and directed this:http://instagram.com/p/ghMxcGrSIx/
23. Have a big Chinese family dinner gathering at parents’ house
24. Do a factory tour (of anything: donuts, tortillas, furniture, cars)
We toured the Anheuser-Busch Brewery in St. Louis. Missouri
25. Go to a farm or petting zoo
I touched this cute lil guy!
26. Celebrate at a barcade (Dave and Buster’s or other arcade/drinking/dining environment)
27. Learn CSS
28. Visit New Orleans
Ann eating a real beignet from the real Cafe Du Monde
29. New tattoo in a new city
I was this close to getting my feet tattooed in New Orleans
30. Go to Graceland
I’m going to Graceland (Graceland), Memphis, Tennessee.
Tomorrow though, Patrick and I embark on an 11 hour flight that will take us to a very far place on the globe, Hong Kong.